How to be pain free

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Backache on the bus


It has been three months since one of the drivers fetch Arlyn and myself to work and breakfast (I normally just have tea) every morning. I decided to give this a break and start taking the public transport again which started yesterday.

Today, I could feel agony of the past has been relived. While standing on the bus, I was looking for somewhere I could lean my back to ease the pain but the bus was too cramped up. At my age (cos nobody believes), I should be called the auntie to the many younger 9 to 5 office staff on the bus and yet young lads and gals did not give way when there was an empty seat. So I take it as a compliment that I still look young! lol ...

Even leaving my laptop on the floor, the pain still persist. I was facing sideways standing on the slope of the bus so I changed position to face the front. It helped. I analysed that the back needs both sides of the body to be aligned in order to balance and not aggravate the disc any further.

I recall there was a middle age Malay lady (about 30+ yo) whom I used to see on the same bus (no. 17) from Tampines to Bedok who always let me have her seat. She must be knowledgeable or experienced to notice my problem and a very kind-hearted person. In so far, the last two years, I have never met another kind soul. Whenever I am on the MRT, nobody give up their seats to the elderly too! And this "auntie" having back problem have to give up my seat. What an irony in this world!  Maybe I should I go back to being a plain Jane, no color dyes on hair, keep my hair white and dress like "auntie". Maybe then there be a little more sympathy from the younger people ...

I also started fidgeting on my seat again. I just need to keep adjusting to reduce the discomfort and pain. When will people ever notice and learned that these are the symptoms of a bad back problem ... for my case, it is called Degenerative Disc Disease (DDD).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.