How to be pain free

Thursday 7 March 2013

Post Treatment - 12 weeks


Finally, I have waited 12 weeks to take the HCV RNA quantitative test and as expected, I am still undetected... hip hip hooray!!!  I AM CURED ... I DID IT!!! 

The experts have revised the time point from SVR-24 to SVR-12 and SVR-4 which means I am considered CURED. No need to wait 24 weeks.  The following link is from AALD:

http://i-base.info/htb/20643

Here is my latest report of my condition:

I am happy but not for the lingering effects from the medications. Tinnitus has been everlasting though it seem to have mellowed down. Skin issues not getting better but in actual fact, I am more prone to skin injury, sensitivity of unknown cause. Bruise easily   and some progress to skin ulceration that take months to heal. 

My doctor have interpreted the skin biopsy results as non-specific inflammation which is not Vasculitis. The problem is there is no medication to control the flare-ups except for the dozens of creams on my shelf. I spent 30 minutes after every shower just applying creams. Sick and tired of creams and screams at myself and caught between a chronic condition without a diagnosis.

Being light sensitive still, no improvement and opthamologist confirmed there is nothing wrong with my eyes. So ... prescription glasses do not work, no medication and no cure.

The excruciating pain of De Quervain Tendinitis on my right wrist has recurred since the last Hydrcortisone injection 9 months ago. Time is due. 

Hair has stopped falling crazily ... thank God I could see some new hair has started growing.

Overall, I feel much better on this 3rd month. Energy is back though still feeling like a 100 year old every miserable morning. Sleep is still waking up every 2 hours sweating like a pig! Arms and legs have got back their muscles and I do not slouch anymore. Recently, I always feel hungry unlike those times when I hated even the sight and smell of food. Everything taste wonderful now especially the spices that my tongue rejected for 6 months. One last thing, I have gained a bit of weight ... 1 kg! Good job Dorelia!

I am so proud of myself. I MADE IT!!! After 6 months of torture, all I can say is it was worth doing it. For those who are still contemplating treatment, do not hesitate anymore ... go get yourself cured of this friggin virus. When you have done it, you will be glad you did. No matter how tough this treatment is, you will not regret it.


I now look at life very differently ... my perspectives have changed, my outlook of life is not what most people would want or think it should be. Now that I am cured I am certain my health will improve with a balanced lifestyle and a new life. People may think I am nuts and impractical but it is going to be a new life for me .. a NEW me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.