How to be pain free

Sunday 7 October 2012

Prayer

A Hepper's Prayer


May our sides be easy and ever so light
May we
sleep our way all through this dark night
May this fog lift each day and clear our heads
As we laboriously drag ourselves out of our beds

At war with the dragon we always shall be
Until every last Hepper is made virus free
Whether we win or we lose, our cause it is right
And this dragon will know it's been in one hell of a fight

So send out this
prayer to whoever you choose
So they'll know that this battle we don't plan to lose
And say it each night as you lay down to
sleep
And make it a promise we'll all try to keep    


------------------------------



Dear God

I pray .. for those who are treating
  • to be positive and strong
  • to persevere and endure
  • to achieve UND
    for those who finished treating
  • to live life to the fullest
  • give yourself a good break
  • from UND to SVR
for those who have not been treated
  • to think of their liver, family and health
  • that they meet a good doctor to convey your message
  • that they be their own advocate

for those who have not been tested
  • to put health above all
  • stop denial and accept
  • if not, you will live to regret it

-----------------------


Dear God

Give me the power to sit, breathe and clear my mind.
Help me understand how to manage my day when the pain gets in the way.
Provide me inner peace to help me release the anxiety that comes with the feeling of helplessness.
Dare me to overcome the sadness that follows the relentless fatigue.
Let the frustration of the fog pass so I understand that there are better days.
Show me the purpose of such continual ache so I may get on a path I will prosper on.
Convince me that I am not weak and I will stand when I am able and rest when needed.
Hold the thoughts I have started while my mind takes time off.
Allow me to be ‘just fine’ because I am unsure of what else to do.


----------------------------------


SERENITY PRAYER

God grant me the courage to get up and move, ignoring my stiff, sore body and cloudy mind, and to try to decide which of the twenty things I was doing when the pain made me stop is the one I most want to do now; the serenity to refrain from holding and moving any objects which feel the slightest bit heavy, although they may not have yesterday; the foresight to decide exactly where I would like these objects moved the next time an able-bodied person is in the house, and to write this down; and the wisdom to laugh instead of despair at my absurd predicament.


---------------------------------------


A FIBROMYALGIA PRAYER:

Heavenly Father we come to you in the name of Jesus asking that you would bless all that visit this site, and especially those with daily Chronic Pain. We ask comfort for the pain, peace of mind, humility that we might understand others better. May all that stay awake in the night hours because of their discomfort be blessed with a love and compassion for others that are suffering also. Help us through our pain to find special times of meditation with you. We seek your healing and we pray for doctors and researchers that they will find a cause and a cure for this disease. Where there is doubt and depression we pray that you would replace it with faith and trust in you. We give you all the praise and glory in Jesus name... AMEN.

"I pray that according to the riches of his glory, he may grant that you be strengthened in your inner being with power through his spirit" Ephesians 3:16


----------------------


Our Precious Father God...

We want to thank you for always being here for all of us and for all the mighty and wonderful things that you do for us daily.


Please help us to feel your presence with us daily. 

Father I know that you look down upon each of us and You know all our needs and your Holy Spirit is always here to comfort us. 

Be with each man and woman and meet all personal and earthly needs. 

We ask for healing for pain and illnesses because we know that in your wonderful name is healing and hope for our futures. 

Be with all that are hurting emotionally today. Heal brokenness and broken hearts. 

Replace the brokenness with righteousness, peace and joy in You we pray. 

Sometimes Father we feel like our burdens are hard to bear because of physical pain. Please lighten our loads and show us what your will in all this is for our lives that we might give you the glory in all things. 

Help us to understand better what our pathway in this earth and our special journey is about. 

We pray Father that we will grow daily in you... grow in compassion and love for others, that others will see you in us. 

Please protect and help all that may be in the pathway of awful storms, famines or earthquakes. 

Many people have been devastated in their losses. Bring them peace and meet all their needs. Help those that have loved ones die in storms or tragedies. Help them in their grieving and bring peace and closure. 

We ask for protection for us and for all our loved ones. 

I thank you Father for each one of these dear ones. 

Help each person to know how special they are and that they are loved 

We also want to thank you for Jesus... that you gave Him to us that we might be saved and might live in all eternity with you in peace and happiness.. 
Show each of us truth and direction in our lives. 

We ask all this in the wonderful name of your Son Jesus. 

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.