How to be pain free

Sunday 19 October 2014

Sick & Tired of my pain

Looking back the past weeks, I have been having non-stop uncontrollable pain that I have to rely on some kind of pain medication to function at work. Despite several visits to the GP and cortisone shots by the Orthopedic, going round the different medications, cocktail and concoctions which again do not prove its efficacy on me, I am almost giving up. 

Just a brief summary of past experiences with NSAIDs, I have always had allergic reaction such as swollen feet, eyes, face and blurred vision. With acetaminophen, my eyes will swell the next morning and looks distorted. I am especially allergic to Celebrax (etoricoxib), my stomach will be bloated with pain and loss of appetite the whole day. As I was desperate for pain relief, Tramadol seems to be the temporary relief, though not an anti-inflammatory, I could sleep for a few hours then kept me awake for a few hours. I could still function the next day. Looks like I am taking it day by day. My company GP do not want to prescribe Prednisone or NSAIDs anymore, due to its serious side effects, neither did she have a better suggestion other than surgery. I am now at a loss.

So I have stopped medication for two days. Only using ice pad and deep-heat cream several times a day over the weekend, I could still function doing nothing except washing up, sleeping and surfing with my touchscreen laptop. However, with the new week ahead, am I able to work with the computer mouse all day long? 

How long more do I need to mask my pain and suffer within myself? I have hide it so well that no one seems to understand the pain I am going through as I was never offered help in carrying things but instead was asked to help the other way round. People may think that may only be some kind of muscle ache or headache. Did anyone ever know that I even have difficulty using chopsticks during my meal? No one ever knows that I have difficulty and pain while washing and brushing my hair, soaping myself and even dressing up.

What other alternative medicine can I take for my chronic pain?
I have heard of Chinese herbs that maybe effective, but how long does it take to see the results?
How about deer or sheep placenta etc? Purtier, Dell-V, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.