How to be pain free

Sunday 5 October 2014

Less Pain Today - Tendinitis

It is frustrating to see my room not being spic and span, tables filled with stuffs that should have been where they belong and everything seems filled with dust. Pain have subsided tremendously that I could complete the tasks left on my table for the last month. Today, I used a small broom to sweep my room and mopped the living and kitchen areas as needed. I even cleaned my underwater lens,  housing and most importantly, completed the DIY viewfinder for my housing and fixing the extra attachment for my red filter. These are really simple tasks to most people but not for me when I have wrist pain. I am finally feeling satisfied to even checked and packed my dive and photo equipment to the bags to tidy up my room as well as getting ready for my next trip.

I cannot go on like this anymore, having numerous steroid injections that cause degeneration, oral Prednisone which lower my immunity and increases risk of osteoporosis and analgesics I am allergic to for the last two years, I am adamant to search for effective  yet economical ways that will work for me. After much research I came across an article on wrist pain, I will learn to do my work differently from now on to alleviate pain and prevent further aggravation.  For documents, I will try to use shortcut keys instead of using the mouse, change hands if possible and take frequent breaks. I must make this change no matter how little time I have to meet whatever deadlines. I am confident it won't take long to master it but even if I could not, my decision stands. I must not abuse my right wrist anymore, especially on tasks that do not make me a happier person. It is not worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.