How to be pain free

Sunday 8 June 2014

The Good Old Times


(Standing from left):  Ying Leong, Cheryl, Hai Choo, Hai Lan, me (Photo by Alice)

Just imagine when you have not seen someone for almost 33 years and when this person suddenly appeared, memories of the past were relived. I was expecting the same few girls we met last week who wanted to visit my parents.  But Alice brought him without telling us. The guy standing in the picture is Michael Kwong, we used to call him Ying Leong left Singapore to further his studies and settled in Perth. I think he came back few years ago as a Permanent Resident to work. He and his younger brother, Ying Choy were staying opposite my block and we share the same lift to go out. Since primary school days, we all walk to school and bus stops using the same route. Cheryl and Danny are his cousins. All of us we were rather close. The Sim sisters (Hai Choo, Hai Lan and Hai Choon) used to play at my place and vice versa. Cheryl has always been the jovial one who brings up the atmosphere. Our laughter and tears of joy could wipe away all sadness and erase all pain. I could feel the genuine love we have for each other. All unhappiness and misunderstandings we had before had been deleted and facing each other as brothers and sisters in Christ as we were once innocent and always will be.

A few more of the closer friends got married and migrated. Wonder if we ever have the chance to meet again.

We had a great time talking about our younger days at the church, flipping the old photos in album and taking shots of them with our phone. I suddenly realized how precious those old photos are now. I have decided to frame them up and hang on our wall.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.