How to be pain free

Sunday 1 June 2014

Neck, Arm & Wrist pain


Despite having a stiff neck for many months, I did not seek medical attention as it did not restrict much movements. However, after working with a new desktop computer for about a month, I could feel the pain was getting worse. Being not able to turn my neck to the left fully, pain was more significant at the back of the neck with frequent headaches. Concurrently, I have been "knocking out" on bed every night with a bad position. After waking up with pain on my biceps, the pain radiated to my elbows and fingers numbed. Movements involving the arm muscles and neck have become restricted, muscles weakness and pain escalating in the middle of the night. With the regular night sweats of peri-menopausal symptom and blocked nose and asthma attacks, my nights have been almost sleepless. However, my experiences from the HepC therapy was much worse. I could still get going in less than an hour after waking up. I am doing so much better now.

Started the second week going to the Chinese chiropractor with acupuncture, I was hopeful the massage therapy could release the tension off the muscles. I think either a pinched nerve on the neck or the tendinitis on my shoulder could be the cause of my biceps pain.  In addition to that, the Degeneration Disc on my back could also be related to my wrist tendinitis and cervical disc problem. However, the after effects of the massage therapy was debilitating pain not only on the neck, but also the biceps and wrist (surprised right?). After the second therapy, the after effects pain was less significant now. 

I have also started back with 3000 IU Vit D3 per day for calcium absorption and Magnesium to promote nerve strength and sleep.

I am hoping things get better with each week's therapeutic session and supplements intake.

My neck is agonizing painful now I need to stop writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.