How to be pain free

Tuesday 15 October 2013

Uncle has cancer

I am getting better and better each day. However, I am getting complacent to my overall recovery and have started to abuse my body again! 

I have started to drink again ... intermittently. Feeling really guilty about it while I am still having the occasional runs and stomach problems, I still cannot overcome my boredom of surface interval. Having the daily loose and light stools, I know jolly well the malfunction of my liver has not improved. Coupled with current disappointments at work, Garry and domestic problems, I simply added them together to put it off as "Bored" and drink beer as an escape.

Two days ago, I was informed that mum's brother has Myeloma. After a visit at the hospital and some personal research, his condition is fully understood. He has worked hard all his life at a shipyard, oil refinery I supposed with long term exposure to Benzene which I suspect is the main cause of the cancer. Though he lost lots of weight and in fact, shrank to half the size from before, he seemingly sounded great and positive! I am consoled. I was told he had left with 3 months to live (Doctor said since July) and I am so worried there is no chance for us to interact anymore. He has been a shy and nice uncle since my younger days and after he started his family, though busy with a new commitment, did not fail to recognize me as his niece. 

Let us all pray his relapse is temporary and will start chemotherapy again. Hope for less pain and suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.