How to be pain free

Sunday 18 November 2012

Another F word - Fibro Fog


Fibro fog has brought upon me embarrassment, became a laughing stock and something for me to laugh at.

How would you feel when you have a subject in mind, spent 10 minutes recollecting and wanted to put it down in writing. When I am in front of my blog I forgot what I wanted to post about!. When I could keep those trains of thoughts, I would quickly post as much as I could before it vanishes.

There were times I had difficulty to put words in a sentence, draft a simple memo or letter. Well, that's not me, at least not for a diploma graduate, worked with the legal department and years with MNCs. Where have all the proper terminology gone to? Back to books? If I were to read up and refresh my memory, will it help? No it will not.  Because it will disappear the moment I closed the book.

When people speak too fast (for me), I need to ask to be repeated because I could not read anything out of it at all! Sad to think of this that most may think I am stupid for a senior girl at my age, with my experiences and expertise. Sign ... how can I not accept the fact that I have been simply "slow" but not stupid yet. The fortunate thing is, it does not happened 100% all the time.  Sometimes, when I have more sleep and less pain, I can be faster than the train! My thoughts and words could be sound so profound and on a higher level than the listener.

My latest encounter was trying to count the number of Ribavarin pills to confirm the last day of my Hepatitis C therapy.  It took me 5 times to finally settle with the correct number.  How sad.  I think I am worse than the 5 year old kid.

Learn more about Fibro Fog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.